Zinc ointment acne: guide, photos, reviews and price. Does zinc ointment for acne?
Absolutely everyone wants to have a clean healthy beautiful skin, often complain about the high cost of funds for her care. However, there is a therapeutic drug is available to any buyer, and the effect of it is not worse than the expensive luxury creams and lotions. If you have not guessed, what will be discussed, this zinc ointment.
Zinc ointment - a cure for acne?
Many people who suffer from skin rashes, use tools like zinc ointment acne. Photos of before and after treatment show the effectiveness of the drug. Local use of a zinc oxide helps treat oily skin and eliminate acne appearing on it. Scientific studies have shown that zinc ointment acne reduces sebum is produced by sebaceous glands of the skin's natural lubrication. Although scientists say that this remedy may not be more effective than other medications to eliminate acne. According to them, in the drugs for acne should include such active substances such as salicylic acid, peroxide benzoate retinoids. However salitsilovo- zinc ointment for acne contains all the necessary components and is more effective remedy. I would like to determine whether or not it means a panacea for rashes or palliative (ie. E. A means that brings temporary relief, but does not completely get rid of the problem and does not cure the problem skin).
Pimples occur when the sebaceous glands located at the base of hair follicles, become hyperactive. The most vulnerable parts of the body are the face, back, chest and shoulders. The most tangible signs of acne on the skin appear before the breakout of acne on the face. The sebaceous glands produce sebum. When withering away dead skin cells they together with sebum clog pores outputs, resulting in a stasis and skin stops breathing. Most often, these phenomena begin in adolescents during puberty, at this time in their body there are various physiological changes associated with the surge of hormones. Block the sebaceous glands, unfortunately, it is not possible, but the use of special cosmetics and medicines will reduce the inflammation in the skin and negative manifestations of acne. One such drug is zinc ointment.
The appearance of acne is not always associated with adolescence. Sometimes suffer from unpleasant rashes adults whose blood contains elevated levels of testosterone. This natural for a person hormone controls the production of sebum, which is produced in very large quantities at a hormonal imbalance.
The composition of zinc ointment
Compositions for topical ointment zinc include zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, zinc pyrrolidine, zinc ascorbate, and zinc acetate. The ointment consists of zinc oxide and a mineral oil (petrolatum or any other). 100 grams of the drug concentration of zinc is 10%. Zinc ointment acne produced in tubes of 15, 20, 25 and 30 grams. Shelf life in unopened ointment is 2 years, with the opening of the tube should be used within one month. Open the tube with the drug should be stored in the refrigerator.
The mechanism of action of zinc on the skin
The human body is capable of producing a number of different enzymes which allow speed up chemical reactions in the body. The integuments enzymes regulate the production of corticotrophin releasing hormone. This hormone from the brain sends a signal to the adrenal glands to release the "stress hormone", which "cleans" the skin of impurities naturally, t. E. Through increased perspiration. In other words, corticotropin hormone helps cleanse the skin of old cells and stimulate the growth of new ones. Stress, nervous stress, weather and other negative factors can cause a person has high flux and sebum secretion, which adversely affects the skin.
The mechanism of action of zinc in the medicinal and cosmetics differs significantly from other active components intended for treating acne, e.g., benzoyl peroxide, retinoic acid, and sulfur-containing substance. Zinc oxide, part of the ointment is the most effective substance for the treatment of bacterial inflammations on the skin. Alone or in combination with tetracycline or erythromycin ointment zinc acne inhibits inflammation caused by bacteria. The active substance included in its composition, interrupts the release of stress hormones, stops processes produce excess amounts of sebum. In addition, zinc helps to stop the formation of whiteheads and blackheads before they become inflamed pimples.
Indications for use of the drug
Zinc ointment is of great importance in medicine. It is used not only to reduce acne, but also for the treatment of diaper rash and other skin irritations. Ointment possesses a drying, soothing and healing effect, it helps the irritated skin to protect and accelerate the process of healing. Means podsushivayuschee action helps eliminate excess sebum, which clogs the pores and leads to acne.
In medicine in general is widely known zinc ointment. The use of acne - not the only way to use it. Part of the means of zinc oxide is added to baby powder and sunscreens. Widely used agent for the treatment of dandruff, so in special shampoos can always find zinc. Zinc ointment - a wonderful antiseptic, and is also used by athletes as a bandage to prevent soft tissue damage during workouts.
Instructions for use zinc ointment
Aside from sunburn, diaper rash, prickly heat and other skin disorders, apply zinc ointment acne. Instructions for its use is simple and accessible, but still there are a few rules of application of ointment.
- Before using the tools should be thoroughly wash your hands and face with soap with a neutral pH-value. Affected skin should be grease-lubricated with ointment, and immediately thereafter again wash your hands thoroughly.
- Zinc ointment acne is designed for external use only. Avoid its contact with the eyes, mouth, nose.
- During treatment it is necessary to abandon the use of decorative cosmetics.
- In the most severe cases of acne on top of ointment is recommended to apply a sterile bandage, soaked remedy.
- Do not interrupt the course of treatment, even if symptoms have disappeared.
- Do not use the ointment, whose expiration date, otherwise it can cause allergic reactions on the skin or any other side effects.
The advantages of using zinc ointment acne
Despite the fact that in order to treat a variety of skin problems other methods are used more often than the zinc ointment, some people are happy to use exactly this means. The benefits of the drug include:
- Acne Treatment. Zinc helps heal acne and reduces inflammatory responses and control the androgenic hormonal effects on skin that contribute to acne formation.
- The protective properties of the ointment. Zinc oxide, which is part of a means to protect the skin from ultraviolet rays that the penetration into the skin tissue damage and accelerate the process of aging and drying.
- The therapeutic effect. Patients using a tool such as zinc ointment, acne, leave comments about her positive character. They note efficacy in the treatment of wounds, burns, chapped skin softening. Moreover, the drug promotes active restoration of the cells.
- The astringent effect. Creams and ointments containing zinc oxide are effective astringent may reduce stains on the skin and reduce irritation and inflammation.
Like most drugs based on petrolatum means has several disadvantages:
- After applying a product like zinc ointment acne, customer reviews say its excessive fat that causes discomfort during application.
- The possibility of an allergic reaction in people sensitive to zinc oxide.
- Prolonged use of ointment increases the sensitivity of the skin and is addictive.
Contraindications to the use of zinc ointment
If you are hypersensitive and sensitive skin is not recommended to use a tool such as a zinc ointment acne. Reviews of some people using the facility for medicinal purposes, note the redness of the skin and allergic reactions after the first application. Therefore it is necessary to test for sensitivity before treatment with ointment. For this purpose, a small quantity is applied to the elbow region and check the result after 20 minutes. If there was no response, you can safely use this tool.
Also, we do not recommend the use of means of acute pustular skin eruptions, inflammation, followed by separation of pus. In addition, concurrently with the zinc ointment should not take other medications for acne.
zinc ointment Cost
We are all accustomed to the fact that effective drugs are expensive. If you need zinc ointment for acne, the price will pleasantly surprise you. This is the case when one tube of the drug combination of availability and efficiency. The cost of the package volume of 30 grams will be about 50 rubles.