Interesting facts about the Rubik's Cube and Rubik Erno life
• Interesting facts about Rubik's Cube Erno Rubik and life
Probably there is no man on earth who has not heard of the jigsaw puzzle. I will try to tell you some more interesting information about this "toy for the brain."
On the life Erno Rubik
Erno Rubik (Rubik Ernő) was born in Budapest on July 13, 1944, his father was an aircraft builder and his mother a poet. In 1967 he graduated from the Faculty of Engineering Erno Budapest University of Technology and Economics with a degree in engineering and enrolled in graduate school. After graduate school Rubik 4 years and worked as a designer returned to the University for teaching degree "Associate Professor".
In the early 80th Erno Rubik got a job as editor of the magazine "És játék" games and puzzles (translated from Hungarian "... and games"). In 1983 he opened his own studio "Rubik Stúdió", which developed the interior design and puzzles.
In 1987, the Rubik became a professor, and three years later, together with the Hungarian Janos Ginstlerom substantiated Technical Academy (Magyar Mérnöki Akadémia), where he was president until 1996. The academy existed Rubik Foundation to support talented inventors.
Today, Erno Rubik is mainly involved in the development of video games, writing articles on architecture and heads the studio's cube.
Facts about the puzzle
1. Erno Rubik invented the puzzle-cube in 1974 as a practical guide to geometry, it was patented in 1975, and the first trial batch released in 1977 in Hungary under the name "Magic Cube".
2. In 1980, the license for the production of the Rubik's Cube was acquired by Ideal Toy Corporation, which gave the toy to its legendary name.
3. Currently called "Rubik's Cube" caught on in most countries, with the exception of the Hungarian, German, Portuguese and Chinese languages, where the toy is the original name of "Magic Cube", and Hebrew, naming conundrum "Hungarian cube".
4. American premiere in 1980 puzzle was presented a famous movie star Zsa-Zsa Gabor (pictured)
5. 100 million official toys were sold in the first few years.
6. According to some reports, the Soviet Union acquired the rights to release a cube for $ 3 million - the incredible sum in those days.
7. Spidkubing (speedcubing) - a high-speed assembly of the Rubik's Cube. People collect cube speed, called spidkuberami.
8. The first world championship to assemble the Rubik's Cube was held in Budapest in 1982. It was attended by representatives of 19 countries of the world. Championship winner was 16-year-old student from Los Angeles Minh Thai, who needed to build a total of 23 seconds.
9. In addition to the traditional championships and competitions in the cube assembly with closed eyes, in the process of juggling, and even legs.
10. The 2015 American teenager Colin Burns (Collin Burns) set a world record for assembling the Rubik's Cube speed. He was able to cope with the conundrum of 5, 25 seconds. previous record time set in 2013 year, was 5, 55 seconds.
Burns set a record in the past in the Pennsylvania contest, which was organized by the World Association of dice (World Cube Association, WCA).
WCA representative Tim Reynolds (Tim Reynolds) said that Burns was able to set a record in the classic competition for the assembly of a cube, each side of which is placed on the 9 blocks. Reynolds said that, most likely, Burns will record in the new edition of the Guinness Book of Records.
11. In March 15, 2014 Rubik's cube was assembled robot CubeStormer III 3, 253 s.
12. The anti-record for assembling the Rubik's Cube belongs to Briton Graham Parker. He bought the puzzle in 1983 and set a goal to collect the dice on their own, without resorting to any aid. It took 26 years.
13. At the moment, the right to belong to a Rubik's Cube English company Seven Towns Ltd.
14. The number of different states achievable 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube is 43 252 003 274 489 856 000 combinations.
15. For more than thirty-year history of the Rubik's Cube has sold over 350 million copies of the puzzle.
16. If you put all the sold cubes in a row, it would stretch from the North to the South Pole.
17. The gold standard cube, calculated by Erno Rubik and observe until now - is the part of length equal to 57 mm.
18. The world's smallest Rubik's Cube is made with a laser programmer from Russia. The length of one side is 1 cm.
19. Rubik's Cube - one of the most frequently counterfeited toys in the world.
20. The most expensive in the world Rubik's Cube was released jewelery company "Diamond Cutters International" in honor of the 15th anniversary of the legendary puzzle. Toy made in the actual size of the gold 750-th sample and gems - rubies, emeralds and amethyst. Approximate value of the gold dice - 1, 5 million dollars.