15 facts about Budapest through the eyes of Russians
• 15 facts about Budapest through the eyes of Russians
1. Change currency should be cautious. Banks will always be a very unfavorable exchange rate and in exchange you need to carefully study the Commission. Exchangers are many, but often, if all the count rate will be the same.
2. The most popular souvenir from Hungary - Paprika. On its removal no customs restrictions. Also a lot of gifts in the form of pepper.
3. Parliament is the most beautiful building. It is difficult to find a guided tour without a parliament. If you pre-fill the application form online, you can get in on the tour.
4. The national cuisine is very familiar. Usually this is a stew. The most popular dish - a goulash.
5. The local currency - the forint. They are useful only in a taxi on the market, in street kiosks with drinks and food. In all other cases it is more convenient to pay the card. Euros accepted everywhere, but usually inflate prices.
6. If the snow falls - sidewalks with salt bath.
7. On the streets of the city are often found bakeries. To go local for fresh bread and pastries. Usually there are a few tables inside, but there is rarely someone sitting. If you sit in the morning with a cup of coffee - all visitors will greet you and to wish a good day.
8. The homeless are rare and always in a very clean and good shoes.
9. The shopping centers are always on duty doctor. When receiving the sellers to work they refine knowledge of languages. If you become ill - the protection of the Russian-speaking will to translate a conversation with a physician.
10. The water from the tap is clean and drinkable.
11. In Budapest, a lot of hot springs. There is a bath with water of different compositions from different kinds of diseases. The biggest swimming pool in Europe - the "cross section" has a lot of pools with a choice of temperature from 15 to 40 degrees.
12. If you visit sites without a guide, you'd better be ahead of them the slightest idea. Otherwise you can get into awkward situations. For example, on the Danube, near the Parliament, installed dozens of pairs of men's, women's, children's shoes are made of cast iron. Many people think it's funny, people are starting to have fun, try on ... And it is a monument to Holocaust victims, who were shot and pushed into the Danube. Previously, of course, off their shoes.
13. The eastern and western parts of the city connected by a plurality of bridges over the Danube, and with the two of them can get to Margaret Island. The entire island is a park. the movement of vehicles is prohibited.
14. In Budapest, a very common package offers. Even from the city administration has a Budapest Card. Card entitles you to unlimited travel around the city on any public transport, and also gives a lot of discounts and bonuses. Such as free admission to the museum or a discount on the entrance to the zoo.
15. If you buy a ticket for one ride on the tram it is necessary to punch punch. At the turn of the composter occurs regularly visit all doubt how to do it correctly. Ask local useless. They enjoy travel. Turn to a ticket numbers in the cells. Symbol, arrow-like, hint which way to insert the ticket into the composter.