Abandoned Military Engineering College
• Abandoned Military Engineering College
The object, which now will be discussed, once a private home Grand Duke Paul, the sixth son of Alexander II of, and his wife Olga Valerianovna, on behalf of which the house is called a palace Olga Paley in Tsarskoye Selo.
The interior was decorated by the French sculptures and tapestries of the XVIII century, on the luxury vied with Catherine and Alexander Palace in Tsarskoye Selo.
Ceremonial halls and dining rooms are decorated in Empire style.
The Oak living room furniture was upholstered in tapestry of the XVIII century, which belonged to Napoleon's Marshal Davoust. Here there were many Chinese and Japanese vases XVIII-XIX century, a collection of Chinese products from rocks.
Boudoir Princess also graced the furniture of the XVIII century, on the shelves of German porcelain sets, on the wall hung a portrait by Van Dyck. On the left in the photo can be seen the harpsichord that belonged to the Queen of France Marie Antoinette.
The palace was built in 1911-1912, the owners settled there just before the First World War. Since the beginning of the war placed the princess in the palace army warehouse and workshop for sewing clothes for the soldiers.
With the advent of 1917 Olga Paley with her husband and son Vladimir was in the palace in custody because they could not leave the house and favorite things, what then bitterly regret. Vladimir Paley in 1918 dropped to mine near Alapaevsk, Sergei Alexandrovich year later shot in the Peter and Paul Fortress in response to the assassination of Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht in Germany. Having lost loved ones, the princess had left Russia. She died in Paris in 1929. Nationalized palace first became a museum, but in 1926 the property was removed, and basically sold out. At the initiative of SM Kirov in the palace started Party Education House (DPP). During World War II the palace was badly damaged.
In 1952, the building was given to the Department of the Navy and strongly rebuilt. Instead of a full attic built third floor, in the central risalit appeared classical portico.
In the palace housed the School of Naval Construction. In 1952, under the classes were equipped with the four most survivors premises, students were placed in tents on the parade ground. Reconstruction of the building was carried out by the same students.
College Graduates participated in the construction of Baikonur, emergency response at n / a "lighthouse" and Chernobyl.
In 2010, as part of military reform Pushkin Higher Military Engineering and Construction College was incorporated in the Military Engineering Technical University and left the walls of the palace Olga Paley. Since then, the building is empty and is not protected.
The front of the palace lobby still impresses.
Under the ceiling hangs a lonely simple lamp, but the palace of Versailles chandeliers Paley repeated lamps.
So today looks like the grand staircase of the mansion.
It is well preserved from the beginning of the XX century, when this picture was taken. Only the ceiling appeared during the reconstruction in 1952 over the lobby.
In the same restructuring ladder extended to the third floor, but the old is characterized by the absence of curvature at the bends.
The staircase leads to a beautiful columned lobby on the second floor.
Right and left run up long corridors connecting all school premises. Was originally enfilade lay in the palace, all rooms are anadromous.
All three floors of the palace occupied by classrooms and auditoriums.
Now in their desolation reigns.
In some places began to flake off the ceiling.
For many classes of hidden little room teachers.
One of the rooms allocated for the safety of the workplace.
In the back you can still see the huge deposits of educational materials.
In stock physical classroom is a huge closet for textbooks.
There was also a library.
miraculously preserved old school telephone switchboard.
The school was a five-year term of training of military civil engineers, electricians, plumbers.
In the Soviet time here were joined by several schools, including Chita airfield construction.
In addition, in the PVVISU entered Rostov road construction and Krasnoselskoe fire-technical school.
A lot of materials devoted to the energy sector.
But, of course, the vast majority - the construction, mainly household objects.
There is even a little mock military camp.
The part of the building Built in the years 1952-1954, there is a second staircase, the first is much more modest.
The annexe located assembly hall, which hosted the meeting of personnel, KVN games and even tournaments in boxing.
For wall - sports hall.
From the hall entrance to the projectionist booth, totally blank.
The most preserved parts of the school - it is the laboratory and workshop in the basement. It leads to a narrow twisted ladder.
The mysterious phrase "And the thought that he might become unworthy of it."
In the window hangs a broken film projector.
Cabinets crammed documentation.
frightening inscription at the exit of the room says that some of the documents can be classified.
In the next room there was a class in electrical engineering.
technique presented here is not quite normal.
All of it looted looters.
Here the students passed the workshops.
Small basement windows covered with marvelous stained glass class.
Next - Other related laboratory.
Numerous auxiliary room, hidden in a maze of rubble foundation Palace Paley, piled radio components, parts or entire devices.
In the farthest closet under the stairs was a warehouse movies.
At the end of a visit of an abandoned school I came across a printshop.
This is something I was reminded of the printing press.
Next on the table - a great camera for fixing drawings.
His lens aimed at the tablet with some scheme.
The shutter camera with an electric drive.