70 facts about Bulgaria
1. The Bulgarians are very tolerant and friendly to foreigners. To the Russian, as well. Almost all middle-aged and older (who have graduated from high school at least until 1985-90.) Understands Russian and can speak 2-3 sentences.
2. Tolerance and to the English language. The younger generation is normal or excellent command of English.
3. The total secondary education - 7 classes. After this national examination, the Russian type USE: mathematics and language. Then profiled gymnasium. In 8th grade gimnaziynogo education in all educational establishments are taught mainly English and the 2nd place the remaining items. Depending on the profile of the gymnasium.
4. Admission to the school, as well as in the college / university is done by rotating your assessments in the subjects. Fills a list with the desires, in descending order. Then some car chases these lists are hungry and distributes the entire mass of students in that year according to the gradation of their desires and availability in schools. You can apply for several schools at the same time. (While pasted into this system - the brains boil).
5. Prom need to celebrate the very chic. The more expensive the outfit and machine uvozyaschih you out of his father's house - the steeper. Dad with mom should be in the day to convene all their relatives to itself. Even the most ancient grandmothers of "mountain villages". And cry ...
6. Favorite alcoholic drink in 40 rpm - brandy. Sometimes grape, plum, Grushovaya, apricot. The most noble and popular brand - "Burgas 63". Brandy - ennobled brew. Adopted in the village to cook the winter itself. To do this, each time there is a village council public moonshine. Capacity, the use of which is payable banknotes.
7. At the 2nd place - mastic. It anisette. To drink with ayran - diluted with water kefir with salt. (Mastic, for me - so rare muck Everyone - his own). 8. Young people drinking all carrot: vodka, whiskey, tequila. Older people - whiskey. Cognac is very difficult to find. Basically, "Remy Martin" (If only they had washed their barrels from the mold. No comparison is not with the Moldovan or Armenian.)
9. Standard hardworking evening: Shopska salad on the table, brandy and football on TV. For the main course - pork with cabbage. On sober - soup with pork intestines: shkembe chorba.
10. Standard Evening urban intellectual: beer / vodka / whiskey in quarterly cafe. The owner usually knows all visitors and their history. During the day there are going to moms with strollers coffee. In the evening it is usually discussed bad government and politics. In the same and a small shop for everything you need: from bread to washing powder.
11. Coffee. The national drink. Normally in the morning to go to the same quarterly cafe and buy a plastic cup of coffee prepared in an espresso machine. Bring it home or to drink there on a stool with a cigarette. Also normally take this cup with a car / minibus / total. transport and drink on the way to work. kofepitiya process starts from 7 - 7:30 am.
12. Having come to work normally drink coffee with colleagues for 1-2 hours, discussing the personal life or tasks for the day. No matter how urgent or important work there for the day. often drink coffee and Coke.
13. If the office worker, the dinner - is sacred. 2-3 dishes. Massively - salty sticks, crackers or nuts. On the way home to eat a loaf of bread or fine banichku.
14. Standard B / fast food - banitsa / banichka (baking sheet of dough with cheese, cheese, spinach, etc.). Kissel + mlyako (thick yogurt) or Boz (fermented beverage lentil). Preparing for Christmas banitsa with surprises. The cakes are placed coins, notes or other items. According to him wondering what's waiting for you in the coming year. Christmas is now celebrated with Catholic Europe - 25th December. 15. The second national holiday - St. George's Day - May 6th. As a rule, combined with the output. These days taken to leave the villages to relatives and roast whole lamb or goat stuffed with rice and tripe. Yummy. And these days in the capital and other major cities is very free of people and cars. Silence.
16. Once the national fast food is grilled meat and semi-finished on the grill. This sausages or patties of minced meat. In general, all kinds of meat products on the grid. They are often served as a hot dog in a bun with sauce and salads. Very tasty, especially in provincial towns and villages, where the host keeps track of their reputation. Railway stations it is better not to eat. Rubbish.
17. For all its tolerance, Bulgarians do not like criticism from foreigners. Even when he expresses it carefully. Offended is not a child. Norm of good parenting is when all the praise. The answer, of course, praise thee. "The cuckoo praises the cock, because he praises the cuckoo."
18. Children can be almost anything. In contrast to the Russian wife, who was more for her husband looks, Bulgarian looking for the child. And the husband - an auxiliary force. And exploited in all respects. There is a friend of the family, where the father breaks from work to reheat and serve lunch 15-17-year-old children of. Because they are still children and do not know how to use the electric oven. And suddenly forget to turn off?
19. The hypocrisy and envy everywhere. Especially in the provinces. Norma, if the neighbor to get hold of the money, and after purchasing a car or something, it may be in partial isolation. With him stop talking very bitter.
20. Many married women do not feel complete if they do not have at least one lover. Quote of communication girlfriends. One Polish and one Bulgarian. Polka: "I know that we, the Polish woman - a prostitute, but you, Bulgarians, have surpassed!" The men are not far behind. They say the massive consumption of peppers and cheese is very conducive. 21. Many men fuck sex-adventure with a Russian - about how to earn the trophy at Wimbledon.
22. If Bulgaria from you need something - he "eats under your skin." It becomes your best friend, caring, helping, giving money to the debt with the words you give, when you can, I do not burn. It pays for you in the institutions. But all this - only until such time as it receives the right service to him, thing, or even what was necessary there. After that point, immediately collected "leisurely" debt. He is always busy with a plausible excuse. Contact cut off as soon as possible. Do not get fooled.
23. Along with all this you will never indicate that you say wrong in Bulgarian. Or do not speak it. Or act like something is wrong. This is not accepted in polite society. At the same time, very surprised when they possess good language. Or why Russian, living in Bulgaria for more than 10 years and not learn a language. There are those, yes.
24. When you realize that you are Russian, just ask - where? The following standard phrase about how they went at this edge in some there was a tour. And they liked it. Apparently, this is also a kind of polite curtsy.
25. They never wanted to be the 16th republic of the USSR. Bulgarians are by nature very sharpness and are able to very well take your money. Todor Zhivkov very well enjoyed the USSR as a cash cow.
26. The Roma - a real headache. They live in their neighborhoods. Almost ghetto. Few of them working under an employment contract. In general, living in some huts. Without facilities, light and sewers. Usually live at the expense of social assistance. Which, in turn, paid for out of pocket the rest of the working population. Massively connected to the grid illegally. Because of this, the power company switchboards carried on poles by 2-3 meters high, wherever buildings on the ground. In block houses digital counters. Normally in the capital in the middle of a busy highway trail for gypsy wagon, laden pile of garbage. They are reckless, but cowardly. 27. Going to the guests Bulgarians very accommodating and very hospitable. But there are also those who put up only a bottle of whiskey and saucer with peanuts and chips. But it is even among Bulgarians is not considered decent. About this owner will say that he is greedy and trying to save on everything. Is it proper to put the table with 3-4 changes of dishes, including dessert. It all depends on the proximity of love and greed owners :)
28. Purchased cakes are varied in appearance, but all the same taste. Probably because all share the same brand of artificial cream for cooking. And the "hand-made" cookies - as well. Russian "oatmeal" (which I hate) is 100 times better.
29. In all the small shops and supermarkets sell quite the same thing. That is, in the quarterly cafe and Bill supermarket sells the same types of cheese, sausage, bread, milk, meat and so on. N. With a slight difference. Exception of network "Elemag" and national stores: Arabic, Russian, Italian and so on.
30. So it is with the department store clothing, shoes, souvenirs, where "popular" price. Everywhere one and the same. In the center of Sofia, very cool it is to fix. There are also brand stores.
31. There do not know what cheese. At best, feta or mascarpone. There is a residual product, called "Izvara". Digested whey after the cheese. Rubbish. Also, they do not know what real cream. Cream only recently (5-6 years) have been producing in the relative range. Few people use in the home kitchen. Fresh milk in the supermarkets - that anything but milk. Especially with low fat content. Just a whitish liquid. At the resorts massively sell "Markel". This powder products. Normal garbage for tourists. Do not take.
32. Milk production is focused on oil, cheese, cheese and Kiselev mlyako. Fresh milk is not profitable. You can buy whole milk or cheese on special stock markets with his aunts, grandmothers. With an unknown quality. 33. In the bazaars never come across stalls with products of own production (milk, cheese, smoked meat). It is prohibited by law. Allowed only vegetables and fruits. Is that in the province. But since there is still need to get there and know the seller.
34. Grocery stores are open from 8:30 to 22:30. Manufactured goods from 9:30 to 18:30. On Sunday manufactured goods, as a rule, do not work. There are non-stop.
35. Restaurants. The luxury and expensive restaurants with a cool interior, as a rule, disgusting kitchen. Conversely, no quarterly or rustic eatery is very tasty.
36. At the heart of the capital there are the so-called "sit down and buy one" (translation from Bulgarian). It is a shop with tobacco and alcohol and related products, located in the ground floor. To pay and take the goods have to sit down. The window is at the level of the sidewalk or a little higher. The seller has a cushion on which it is based, to stare out into the street, where there are no buyers. He himself stands on a special stand to reach the window.
37. Taxi. All machines written tariff. Taxi "Ok supertrans" normal. Even with the Airport / Railway station, they must drop off you to your destination at the rate. And not with the wrap. Not to be confused with similar names and pay attention to the tariff.
38. "Every miracle after 3 days." Any innovation of national or smaller scale and hype about it last exactly 3 days. Then forget about it together and come back "full circle".
39. You can safely say that you forgot to do something, and you for that nothing will happen. The main thing is to do with the hypocritical innocent broad smile full mug.
40. To be late - the norm. No one is angry. Punctuality is rare.
41. It is also okay to come or to call ahead of time to the master (auto repair, dressmaker, computer or e-mail service) and so innocently ask: "Ready?" Like, I've been passing by and that's gone just like that, just in case. But what if? 42. The main thing - your people. Communication is important. It is desirable to have when applying for a job, when choosing a doctor and everywhere. Through "own" a lot of things you can do or straighten. Normally, when the same "their people" to pull peel 2-3 times higher than the "unknown". The difference that the "unknown" and can get nasty. And friends are very polite and courteous.
43. Normally, if your question is "How do I get?" Or "Where is?" You tell a lie, or inaccurate. Refuse or forehead to say: "I do not know" - is not accepted. So check out the Old unfamiliar sources. And do not be offended if you cheated. Just did not want to offend the categorical refusal.
44. In the resort cities in institutions always 3 types of menu: for Bulgarians, for tourists and foreigners, well-speaking Bulgarian. Guess 3 times the gradation of prices :)
45. A bit of vocabulary: Mom in Bulgarian - shirt. Right - right. Forest - Mountain. The verb "punishments" - has many meanings: to drive, to drive, live, learn, make, make, etc. It depends on the situation.. The Bulgarian language only 7 words Bulgarian, others brought. The word "is / in" - the universal. What prototype of "Ku" from the "Kin-Dza-Dza". By using it in place of a verb or a short sentence describing a situation (the intention is tosdelat or wish) as a whole. For example: keep your hands empty glass and want to ask someone to pour you some water. Say, "Mauger there is?" Done. You understand and poured. Mat like. Also for my mother sent.
46. In some areas, to drink wine, diluting it with lemonade. Lemonade - it is absolutely dry trash yellow color and flavor. Do not take.
47. The wine is good, if the bottle is above 7 leva.
48. There are many villages and towns, where pomatsi live. It crossed the Bulgarians to Islam. There, women wear the hijab is something like: a white scarf with a fringe that hides her hair and neck, outerwear like coats of light fabric: green, brown, maroon. Also, wear and trousers with very low belly. Such pants goes up to 4 meters of fabric. Desirably garish colors. 49. Everywhere in favor folk music. No celebration without her. Neither young nor old.
50. On the "yes" and "no" nod to the contrary (well, it's already all know). Gesture for a brief denial: sharply, but not high hang tsoknut chin and tongue. The expression "Yes, yes!" Means a firm "No" or "Right now, took a run!".
51. All the news in the media precisely regulated from above. Rare to find a real sensation. All peace-loving. Scandals only "allowed". Because rare, when you meet the negative of the Old Bulgarian.
52. In times of socialism in schools was a real terror. The student does not have the right located on the street without form and shaped beret (for girls only). And not later than 20:00. Teachers specially patrolled the streets in search of violators. And if zasekut - the conversation with his parents at home on the same day and other "joys" in school. And it is up to 1992
53. As a result, small (compared to Russian) lexical volume language and a plurality of homonyms, humor - incomparable. Basically a play on words. It is impossible to translate. Nor from Bulgarian into Russian or vice versa. We tried to translate couplets, black cumin. FIGS you!
54. If a neighbor in the block house loud music until 2-3 later in the morning, few people stirred up. Because the next time you will celebrate the fun and noisy, and you do not want to curl up at 22:30. Gesture for gesture.
55. About a grandmother. If you saw the lady Sophia very old age, well-dressed, slowly shuffling about their business with naimodneyshey and expensive bag, this "ex-communist". So they called here. I do not know their party orientation, but it's the ladies (and gentlemen), received restitution on his property in the city center since 1997 and now they are very robust design currently live only with their rent.
56. There are other grandmother. They dig a race with Roma in dumpsters. It is those who worked hard to honestly state all his life. And do not get points, or time to retire. Here apart from the working time still needed some points to earn pensions. Without them, would not be released to a pension, and of the payment will be significantly lower. These more. Standard pension barely covers the minimum standard of living without drugs. 57. All working population donates up to 35-40% of salary to the pension fund and to health. The rest of the employer pays 100%. Where does the money - and no one knows everything. Repair of old and construction of new buildings for the State. Administration, cars and salaries to officials.
58. Despite the monthly payments on health care (at least 16 m. / Mo.), During the inspection have to pay 1% from the personal doctor or dentist from the minimum wage in the country. Now it is 2, 70 m. A dentist almost all services have to pay. Free of charge or with compensation from the fund - a very small list of services and those who rarely uses it. In this case, charges are not accumulated on your account. If you missed 3 months of payments on the honey. insurance, it is canceled and you have no right to honey. assistance with compensation, all he is paid according to the price list, as long as it can cover up a missed period. No matter what you're up to this, for example, 20 years regularly paid.
59. If you are not paid to the pension fund, then you will accrue penalty interest for unpaid periods. They are essential.
60. If you figure the coast (such as a fee-only), you and your employer have to pay up to 150% of the taxes on the agreed amount.
61. Bureaucracy, compared with the Russian, are almost non-existent. A company can be issued up to 2 weeks. And with a registered capital of 1 euro (the sole trader). LLC or JSC is more expensive and a little longer, but not much, with "their people."
62. Now all the cash registers everywhere are directly related to the tax over the Internet, or GSM. And not dorneshsya!
63. The female half of the population is very scary for our taste. Again in the dictionary: Bulgarian "scary" or "cruel" - synonymous with "cool, cool, cool." Well, do not drink the water face, as they say. Men, on the contrary, quite good-looking. Black-haired, sometimes even blue-eyed, kind to children and patient women. 64. Women to the year before preferred black and dark tones in clothing. Come to the wedding of his beloved friend in a black trouser suit impersonal office - the norm. Who remembered about other color combinations. By the way, the prophetess Vanga said that the whole people happiness in Bulgaria will come when women and girls cease to dress in black. Well, we wait and hope.
65. Insult to the woman - "patka". Translation - duck. It means - dumb blonde. Rough - "Putko".
66. An insult to a man - mmm ... a lot of them different. From turbo redneck to sexual orientation: turboselyanin, dusty idiot and so on.
67. It is possible and at 2am to walk on the lighted streets of any city without consequences. Well if you are looking for a special adventure on your ass, then out of the center and street lighting and look properly!
68. The police help. If lost, for example, or robbed, traversed. Leaves and noisy neighbors. But the traffic police - traffic cops everywhere. There is less of course. Because it adopted a law under which you are not allowed to stop, if you did not break anything.
69. In Sofia, there is a special breed of motorists - "golfers". They prefer small-displacement car type "VW Golf". If the golfer is not the first at the traffic light - a day is lived in vain! Because of them, a lot of accidents on the roads.
70. Mafia is here. But! In 1995-96. a law was passed about a very severe punishment for racketeers individuals or organizations. Quick procedure then let's just 7 years old persons convicted of racketeering small businesses. Therefore, grandmothers selling seeds, do not take bribes. But, of course, there are people who need "otslyunyavit" or fuck on the "resolution" of a certain kind of financial and economic activity, if you want it, the activities to develop and live in peace. Instead you have strict financial control and the roof from the rest. Chicken - not a bird, Bulgaria - not abroad :) In my personal opinion, Bulgaria is a more cultural and European sequel to "scoop". When I cross the Bulgarian border - I know I'm home.